The Altriset® facts worth chewing over
- Eliminates termites from structures within 1–3 months.
- Fast, effective results. Stops termites feeding within hours.
- Provides continuous protection for years.
- Excellent transfer properties for superior termite population control.
- The Australian regulatory authorities have classed Altriset® as an unscheduled poison.
- No protective equipment (such as overalls, goggles or gloves) is required by the technician when mixing and applying Altriset®
- No specific first aid required if someone is accidentally exposed to Altriset®
- Favourable environmental profile – as shown by very low toxicity to pets, birds, fish, earthworms and even honey bees.
- The first major innovation in termite technology for over 10 years.
How Altriset® works?
There’s no other termite product like DuPont™ Altriset® termiticide. It took scientists at DuPont™ over 10 years to create a termiticide that not only delivers highly effective termite control, but with its very low toxicity, it has a revolutionary safety and environmental profile. Altriset® is deadly to termites. Altriset® works by targeting termite muscles.
When termites come into contact with Altriset® their jaw muscles become paralysed so they cease feeding and stop damaging your house within hours. But they don’t die straight away. The termites stay alive long enough to walk back to their nest to transfer Altriset® onto their mates. That means you don’t just kill the termites that are lurking around your home, you can control the termites back at the nest, so they don’t come back to scare you in the future.
Altriset® eliminates termites from structures within 3 months and when applied to the soil around your home, continues to provide protection for years. When deciding what product to use to treat termites, you may wonder what effects the product may have on your family, your pets and the environment.
Well, Altriset® is the first and only liquid termiticide that has been classed as an unscheduled poison by the Australian regulatory authorities, which is something other products can’t claim. As a result your pest manager doesn’t have to wear protective equipment (such as overalls, goggles or gloves) when mixing and applying the product – so don’t worry if they wander around your property in only short-sleeved shirts and shorts.
This great safety profile not only applies to people, Altriset® has very low toxicity to pets, birds, fish,earthworms and even honey bees, which means you can protect your home with minimal impact on the environment.